There are many things that I am thankful for. The thing that I am most thankful for is my son and the recent healing that he has received. For those of you who don't know, we recently got some news about Ethan that no parent wants to hear. I will just leave it at that. Without saying exactly what the news was lets just say it was life changing and something that no parent wants their child to go through. I have my reasons for not saying exactly what it is.
Anyway, we have all been praying for Ethan. I have to say that I was sort of mad at God, I haven't by any means been the christian that I should be lately. After talking w/some of my family about the matter I had a new outlook on the problem. I could do something about it. I could pray to God for him to heal my son.
So, last Tuesday night when I went to bed I said my prayers and tried to go to sleep. This problem was laying very heavy on my heart, and I just thought if I could do something why wouldn't I? So I prayed harder than I ever have that night. I begged God to heal my child and if there was anything I could do that I would do anything. I was desperate for him to hear me and help me. Right then and there God spoke to me. It was the strongest voice I have ever heard. He told me to get Ethan up out of bed and take him to the church where Kevin had went to church when he was younger, and to call my step father-in-law and the preacher and ask them to meet me there so that we could all pray over Ethan and he would be healed.
At first I thought I must be crazy!!! So, I got up out of bed and went to the living room and I just sat there and said "Ok God I am listening." So he said it again. He knew I was hesitant about doing this task so he said to me that I must have faith of a mustard seed.
At that moment I knew I had to do exactly what he asked me to do. I felt like I was being pushed by two very strong hands. So, I made my phone calls and got Kevin up out of bed. You can just imagine the look on his face when I told him what God had told me. I have to say he never doubted me at all, he just said well then lets go!!
So we went to the church and did exactly what he told me to do. I didn't realize that what having faith of a mustard seed meant until the preacher told me it was in the bible.
God spoke to me that night and that night Ethan was healed! Praise God! Everyday since then we have seen such improvements in Ethan that it is so amazing. God is so wonderful and I am so thankful that he spoke to me that night. It has changed my life forever. I was going to keep this matter private but I have changed my mind. God deserves all the glory for healing Ethan. I was worried that people might think I am crazy, but I don't care. Go ahead and think I am crazy if you want. It doesn't matter at all. God can perform miracles and I want everyone to know about what he has done for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment